Tuesday 31 May 2016

Day 16

  I don't think I've ever camped in a prettier place - well done Dennis and Geraldine

That was my spot on Monday night and I could have stayed longer but when I checked my diary I found I'd booked a site at Smalleys Beach in the Cape Hillsborough National Park from Friday so if I was to spend time with Ray and Jeanette at Point Vernon I had to leave. Former neighbour Ray lives near North Arm and was coming to see me but unfortunately my early departure  prevented that and we had to be content with a nice long phone chat - maybe next year Ray.

It was an easy drive to Hervey Bay despite the ever present roadworks and I was parked on the lawn by 12.30.
Yemmy blends well with Ray and Jeanette's lovely white home


 Ray and Jeanette have both had health issues - Ray with a very bad viral thing that laid him low for quite a few weeks and Jeanette is recovering well from a hip replacement. It was so great to see them again and we sat up yarning after dinner till after midnight!





Because we talked so late the blog didn't get written last night but here it is quite early today. If you want to see how many people have viewed the blog click on comments at the bottom - even if it says 'No Comments'. It was over 900 last time I looked


 


No comments:

Post a Comment