Thursday 11 August 2016

Day 88

Quite a lot of activity today although nothing was really earth shattering except lunch. Linda invited me to share their lunchtime roast and it was superb! Roast pork with crispy baked potatoes, carrot, parsnip, turnip, cauliflower, broccoli and gravy, white sauce and apple sauce. Wow - what a feed! As if that wasn't enough there was lovely white wine to wash it down.

We went to Atherton in the afternoon and I managed to get my Commonwealth Bank money transfer sorted at the branch. So now I've only got one NetBank account, all the money is in that account and I can - and have - transferred some money from it into one of my NAB accounts.

Chris Rogers has been delayed again for a couple of days and will probably be here on Monday - she has caught up with the Tudors and Rob Farirngton today at Emerald.

It has finally returned to real Walkamin weather today, mostly sunny, a gentle breeze and warm. Lovely.

My insect screen for Yemmy's door has seen better days and I've been fixing it up with gaffer tape. However today I decided on a new one and it should be here next week.

I was having a look at the next stage of my journey and here's a pic.
That should take five or six days

3 comments:

  1. The next leg of the journey will be different and interesting, Lionel. Enjoy. Reg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next leg of the journey will be different and interesting, Lionel. Enjoy. Reg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reg, actually it won't be very different - I've used that route many times and in both directions. But I still like it - this year I'll be traveling with Lone Trekker, Chris Rogers. We did a similar trip two years ago but went via Charters Towers and also up to Katherine where my daughter and partner were working.

      Delete